This unique weekend takes place on beautiful Inishbofin Island, situated 7 miles off the Connemara coast. The island is steeped in history, and is renowned for its traditional music and unspoilt sandy beaches.
The Half Marathon & 10k will take place on Saturday 13th May. Whether you’re a serious runner looking for a new challenge, or a rookie looking to run, jog or walk on quiet roads, the route offers a mix of flat and inclined terrain, meandering through fine scenery, with spectacular views of the beautiful Connemara mountains.
Enjoy a weekend of island hospitality, whilst raising vital funds for Down Syndrome Irl., Galway Branch.
€ 55 registration per entrant, which includes:
• Return Ferry ticket to Inishbofin (arrive Friday, return Sat/Sunday)
• Pre-event meeting & buffet on Friday night
• Entry to Half Marathon/10k on Saturday 13th May, commencing at 10am
• Sponsorship Pack & Race Tee Shirt
• Post-event party with BBQ and music
• Special accommodation rates for participants (NB participants must book own accommodation)
As this is a charity event, we ask all participants to raise (or donate) a minimum of €100 sponsorship.
All proceeds raised/donated will go to Down Syndrome Irl, Galway Branch and its speech and language therapy project “Voices for Down Syndrome Galway”. A parent ran project, providing vital speech and language services for approximately 100 children and adults in Galway city and county.
Technical Director; Gearoid Quinn (Streets of Galway)
For further information visit www.voicesforgalway.org or contact Pat Coyne on 087-2850812
Register online for Inishbofin Half Marathon or 10k – www.voicesforgalway.org